Over the years, MINGYU MOLD has designed hundreds of different plastic parts. Whether you require a basic mold or a complex mold, we have the skills and experience to design your mold accurately and on time.
MINGYU MOLD offers complete fully detailed mold designs with prints of all the mold components. This includes the mold layout and assembly drawings with a separate bill of material. Each design incorporates a mold handbook. This manual details and references all the important mold features and information about your particular mold. We also furnish pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and hot runner schematics when applicable. There is a design completion check list to assure the mold design is complete and meets high standards for quality that our customers expect. This is a sample 2D layout of a plastic injection mold design. Shown is a section and end view of the assembled mold.) We believe we offer the best design and engineering services. We are continuously upgrading our capabilities to meet our customers ever changing needs.
We offer extensive 3D mold design services ranging from simple parting line splits to full 3D mold assemblies using Unigraphics software. Our 3D mold design models include all the parting lines, rounds, fillets and drafts.
We deliver 3D Mold Designs and individual component models of cores, cavities, slide faces, and EDM electrodes to mold makers for CNC programming. By creating mold components as 3D solid models, CNC cutter path can be programmed directly from the resulting geometry using Unigraphics. 2-D references and detail drawings are finalized in Unigraphics or exported to a variety of other CAD packages.
Our engineering staff will work with you to develop the mold you need using three-dimensional modeling and state-of-the-art technology to ensure a precise result.
- The following is a partial list of current mold steels and components used by MINGYU mold Design Division. At the same time, we can design mold according to customer’s requirement.
718,718H,S136,S136H,420ESR from ASSAB of Sweden.
P20,P20+S,P20+Ni,420,H13,01 from LKM.
NAK80 from DAIDO of Japan.
Most mold bases and standard components come from LKM, DME, HASCO.
Mold Flow Analyze
MINGYU MOLD has our own mold flow analyze system.
Flow analysis includes the filling and packing stages of the injection moulding process.
These stages produce some of the most important results for evaluating a product design for injection moulding manufacturing.
Warpage results can be used to identify areas of excessive warpage and shrinkage, referencing product drawings and tolerances, it is possible to take point to point measurements from the analysis results to ensure the critical dimensions will be within tolerance after moulding.
Fill time: velocity profiles and shot size (machine specific)
Freeze time: time to freeze the runner, gate and part
Pack time & pressure: packing phase profiles (machine specific)
Weld line locations
Volumetric shrinkage: shrinkage values for various part geometries
Shear rate: shear rates generated during filling and packing
Pressure at V/P change over
Injection pressure: pressure rates experienced during filling and packing
Reports and results can be tailored to specific requests for part troubleshooting.
Standard Plastic Injection Mold Making Process
- As a good reputation manufacturer in China, MINGYU MOLD here share the basic injection mold making process in our company:
Products design department provides product information to injection mold design department, injection mold designers complete cost analysis in two working days, and provide to R&D manager.
- R&D department release “Mold Making Apply” to plastic injection mold design department after confirmed the project.
- Injection mold designers organize relevant personnel to review the project base on the product information, including product structure, mold structure, cooling system, runner, slag, venting, etc.
- After evaluation, injection mold designers begin to design the plastic injection mold, including 3D drawing correction, 3D parting, mold parts assembly drawing, EDM drawing, electrode drawing etc., and organize relevant personnel to evaluate those drawings, then issue to plastic injection mold making department.
- Injection mold makers evaluate and study the drawings, and order mold materials if there is no objection, otherwise, communicate with the plastic injection mold designers.
- Injection mold makers inspect the mold materials in time after the materials arrive to factory, and arrange technicians to do locksmith works, include turning, grinding, milling, screw holes, water carrying hole, center hole, CNC roughing, etc. The technicians should pay attention to the precision of each right-angle sides, avoid empty of the center hole and each production base, roughing margin etc. Then outsource each mold part to heat treatment promptly.
- After heat processing, plastic injection mold maker must detect its hardness and metallurgical analysis. Generally, the core hardness 46-50HRC, for uniform distribution of 9 points, requiring its hardness differ is less than 1HRC. Metallurgical analysis should be done for the injection mold core prior to processing to make sure there is no segregation, scars, etc.
- Electrode processing, there are fine and rough processing, fine male spark is 0.08, rough male spark is 0.2 (subject to the actual situation). Be sure to pay attention to each processing benchmarks, and detect electrodes after processing finished.
- Before finishing, must make right angle for the mold core, the vertical degree should less than 0.02 mm, finish degree 1.6.
- For line cutting, please note that all parts’ base, enlarge 0.02mm for the insert hole and center hole as tolerance clearance, for non-standard thimble, the tolerance clearance is 0.04mm of the actual thimble size.
- Mold core finishing, shall base on the benchmarks after making right-angles, typically leaving 0.02 mm die as a margin (without considering tool wearing).
- EDM processing, process according to the drawings’ size, fine 0.08, rough 0.2 (subject to the actual situation), pay attention to the benchmarks in processing, for sparks processing, the leave a margin of 0.03-0.05 mm.
- The runner surface must be polished to achieve ▽6 or ▽7 finishing, the surface does not allow spark or knife pattern exists.
- Before assembling the plastic injection mold, the mold maker must do a comprehensive inspection for all related parts to make sure everything is in a good condition, and do cleaning and anti-rust treatment. Then fill “Mold Inspection Summary” form.
- In tryout, injection mold designers, plastic mold makers and die casting workshop personal should go to the site, making analysis and solution of abnormal in casting tryout, improving the plastic injection mold and die casting process according to the results, and fill “Mold Tryout Report”.
- By 100-150 cycle time, the tryout products are defect-free, the production department make production schedule, the technicians track the production processes, and feedback yield to the plastic injection mold making department.
- After tryout, plastic injection mold making department apply for storage with the forms of “Mold Making Apply” and “Mold Making Inspection”.